Good point.  A true roofing filter would be in the antenna line.

Repeaters have "roofing" filters, typically in the form of an extremely high Q resonant cavity.

Chas
----- Original Message ----- From: "David Cole" <d...@nk7z.net>
To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2014 8:43 AM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] [K3] Roofing filters are misunderstood

On Sun, 2014-05-11 at 22:06 -0700, Bill Turner wrote:

"I have always thought that "roofing" was a marketing ploy to imbue it
with some kind of magical powers."

Bill,
"These aren't the filters you are looking for...  Move along..."

Sorry, I just had too inject that at this point in the discussion!  It
just seemed too funny not to...

To get back on topic,

As soon as someone here said they are 1st IF filters, all questions
about them were answered...  THANK YOU whoever said that.