I fully concur with Ian's observation and have done the same for mine.

73  Johnny VR2XMC

________________________________
 寄件人︰ Ian White <gm3...@ifwtech.co.uk>
收件人︰ 'Clive Lorton' <cl...@thelortons.co.uk>; elecraft@mailman.qth.net
傳送日期︰ 2014年03月31日 (週一) 9:42 PM
主題︰ Re: [Elecraft] K3 in WPX SSB with 2.7 roofer

Hi Clive

I had the same good experience with the 1.8kHz Inrad filter in the old
FT-1000MP, so I moved that filter across to the K3 (with a change in
mounting board)... and have not regretted it.

Because the filter has such a restricted bandwidth, I configured the
filter to switch in at a WIDTH setting of 1.9kHz to avoid the bandwidth
being further narrowed by the DSP as well. The SHIFT setting is also
very critical for the best voice intelligibility. My particular filter
requires a fc setting of either 1.25 or 1.30kHz, and anything outside of
that range sounds very noticeably worse.

Once the 1.8kHz filter has been carefully set up, and its settings
stored in the NORM II SSB memory for easy recall, the SHIFT and WIDTH
controls hardly ever need to be touched... which is exactly what the SSB
contester requires.

73 from Ian GM3SEK