> I however do not know if I have opened another can-of-worms by
> connecting the Rx line to the KXV3 Rx-In connector.

No, unless you forget to select the TX antenna when you're not
using the LNA feed.

Joel, I don't see a Stereo input on the EMU0404 box. I'd only used it
a few days when I once wanted to try receiving a VLF station form
Sweden.

The EMU0404 has four inputs and four outputs - they can be configured
as four mono in/four mono out or two stereo in/two stereo out.  In
either case you can connect input one to the tip  of Line Out and input
two to the ring of Line Out and receive both channels at the same time
with the proper software (or configure WSJT to use input two for the
Sub RX).

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV