So I'm writing my own little rig control / configuration utility for the KX3.
But had a question on the DS command.

The programmer's reference manual states this about the text data:

"TEXT and decimal point data: This field contains 8 bytes, with values 0x30 -
0xFF (hex). The first byte is the left-most displayed character. Bit 7 (MSB) of
each byte indicates whether the decimal point to the left of each character is
on (1) or off (0)."

But the responses I'm seeing from the KX3 don't appear to follow this layout.
Given an active frequency of 1.200.325 the response is:

DS@1\xB200\xB325\x80\x90;

The appears to be the active frequency in plain text, replacing spaces with @'s
and .'s with \xB, only the last two entries for icon data and extended data are
8-bit bytes expressed in hex. In this case only my ATU icon was on, so the
first one only has bit 7 on, and the second one has bit 7 and bit 4 on.

Given how those last two bytes are expressed and the text in the programmers
reference, I'd expect the frequency to be 8 bytes (8 bits each) expressed in
hex like:

DS@\x01\x82\x00\x00\x83\x02\x05
(except for the space being a @ at the beginning)

Has the output changed since the last revision of the manual, or am I just
reading it wrong? I'm using Revision E11 dated Oct 24, 2013 of the reference.

The only real issue I'm having with the actual output it is that I'm using
Python, and it considers '\xB' to be an escape sequence for superscript. I'm on
a quest to find a solution to prevent python from interpreting that response
from the kx3. Currently I just poll the frequency directly with the IF command.

Second question, It's not documented in the reference, but is there any way to
grab the complete configuration of the KX3 without manually setting the menu to
an item (MN) then polling it's contents (MP)? I assume there is since the
official KX3 utility appears to be able to grab the complete config without
having to manually go through the menus. Just not sure if this is exposed to
regular people over the serial port, or only something the official utility can
do.

-Dave