Richard,

The K2 (and K3 and KX3) control power using a closed loop system. That means there must be some means of measuring the actual power output right at the antenna - that measurement is compared with the power requested by the power knob in the MCU, and the drive is adjusted as required to make the actual power output match that requested.

Now consider what would happen if the wattmeter at the output of the KPA100 were not functioning properly - there would be low or zero power reported to the MCU and the MCU in turn would try to increase the power to bring it up. Of course, even at maximum power, the MCU would still think there is no power being produced.

Bottom line - there is something wrong with the wattmeter in the KPA100.
The first suspects are diodes D16 and D17.
Secondary suspects are U5 (not likely, but possible) and U6. U6 does sometimes fail for reasons unknown, but do check D16 and D17 carefully (or simply replace them) because that is the most common cause of wattmeter failure.

73,
Don W3FPR