Yes, 15M was also my favorite band as a Novice.

It may be "ancient" but it's still active, and still an official band
segment for Novice/Techs (21.025-21.200 MHz). The same goes for the
Novice/Tech segment of 40M (7.025-7.125). There is a lot of activity at the
top end of the old Novice segment of 40M. You can often find relatively slow
code CW QSOs from 7.120-7.125.

Stop in and work these stations! There are many who frequent these segments.
I know many FISTS and SKCC members who hang out in these areas. Some other
folks are working on getting their code speed up. Not because they _have
to_, but because they want to. I know a few "lifetime" Novices, that are
active, but have no intention of upgrading.

Yes, there are still Novice class licensees. The FCC does not issue new
Novice (or Advanced) class licenses, but they can still be (and often are)
renewed.

Latest statistics from the FCC:
Month    Extra  Advanced         General         Technician      Novice  ARS
Total
Apr-14 134,558  53,166   168,502         354,151         12,805  723,182

Bruce N1RX