-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Paul Heller
Sent: Sunday, December 11, 2005 10:46 AM
To: Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Kent Straight Key and Paddle

You will be pleased with it. I was amazed at the low cost, and also the prompt shipping.

Chas, W1CG

During my search on the internet I found that Kent (which makes excellent paddles I'm told) makes a combo unit exclusively for a dealer in the UK called Waters & Stanton. Both the paddle and the key

mounted on a black base costs $98USD. I didn't think you could even get just a Kent paddle for that amount of money. Both the paddle and the key have ball bearing movements. Quantities are limited so I went ahead and ordered one. I'll post a quick note when I receive it.

Ditto here - I bought the combo unit last year mainly to get the
straight key, since I didn't have one anymore, and was surprised to find
that the dual paddles are really quite nice.  The combo takes up a bit
of desk space because there are two keys on it, but both the paddles and
the straight key are very good, it's heavy and will not move around no
matter even if you like to slap the paddles or bang hard on the straight
key (I find I have to pick it up with both hands).  The paddles &
straight key each have their own cords (with 1/4" connectors already
attached), so you could even use each to key a different rig if you
wanted to. Quite a deal at that price.
/Paul
W3PH