On Tue, 20 Dec 2005, Darwin, Keith wrote:

Well, I'm glad I still have my Nye Master Key.  I just sold my other
straight key (Speed-x).  Rather than buying a cheapie new from AES, you
might consider a used Speed-x or J-38 off e-bay.

Or, a couple of hack-saw blades, a ball point pen spring, some wood and
a nail ...

Actually, and it will less of an adventure than in my Novice days....you could simply use two wires.

I once made a key from a hacksaw blade and a brass upholstery tack....and since
I was pretty haevy handed....I had a rather large block of wood under the blade.

As luck would have it, late one night I got sleepy...the blade got out of control and there was enough spring tension to tear it out of the mount and it sailed through the window.

73,Thom-k3hrn
www.zerobeat.net Home of QRP Web Ring, Drakelist home page,Drake Web Ring,
Free Classified Ads for amateur radio, QRP IRC channel, Drake IRC Channel,
Elecraft Owners Database
www.tlchost.net/hosting/  ***  Web Hosting as low as 3.49/month