I do the same thing: separate Elecraft folder in my Gmail-based google apps
email. And I also made the filter to bypass the Inbox and only apply the
Elecraft label (archive right away). This way my unread message count does not
include the Elecraft messages. So whenever I have the time - I just navigate to
the Electaft label and read whatever new messages had arrived. I find this
approach less distracting.

Slava Baytalskiy
sla...@nullserv.com
W2RMS