From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Dave
Hachadorian
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2014 13:53 PM
To: Reflector Elecraft
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] How to Convert Individ. Email Status to Digest?

-----Original Message-----
From: Don Wilhelm
>I created an Elecraft folder under my Inbox, and set an Elecraft
>filter to put all email with "[Elecraft]" in the subject line
>into that Elecraft folder.

That was an excellent suggestion Don!  I just implemented it here
under Windows Live Mail.

For some reason, this reflector has an inordinate number of
off-topic posts.  I guess the moderators (Elecraft crew) don't
want to alienate their customers by clamping down too quickly on
the OT posters, so people get carried away.  Here are some OT
threads, just from just the last two weeks:

Learning Morse Code - 24 emails
Computers in the Stone Age - 40 emails
64 vs. 32 Bit Linux Utilities - 20 emails
CW in 15 Meter Novice Band - 14 emails
Antenna Choices - 16 emails
4 Meter Band - started ok, but then went way off - 22 emails
E-Mail Spam Increase - 8 emails
PS2 is Dead - 12 emails
U.S Signal Corps Rhombic Book -  5 emails

That's over 160 off-topic emails in a two week period.

We should all be more disciplined in posting things here, or
maybe the Elecraft guys can appoint an independent moderator.
When the reflector gets flooded with off-topic posts, the
signal-to-noise ratio gets so degraded that it becomes easy to
miss a good on-topic post.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

..