Ed,

The most common reason for CAL TPA to change on its own is if it is powered when the K2 is below zero degC - the value *should* go negative, but it instead goes to a very high number (255).

If that is not the reason, I would look carefully at the KPA100 - possibly change Q3 and check the soldering of R5 and R6, then reset the bias on the PA transistors.

73,
Don W3FPR