When I started to learn CW 2 years ago, I started with paddles. Most people
will say to start with a straight key.

What starting with paddles and a keyer did for me is that I didn't have to
worry about the correct length of dit and dah and could focus on characters/
words and spacing in between. This helped (me at least) to better get a good

rhythm and made moving to a straight key easier for me. YMMV based on your
personal preference.

I used G4FON software to get me started and also made one key (no pun intended
😊 ) move in locking away the microphone.

73 de Michael K5TRI

Sent from Windows Mail