During my Novice years back in the mid-1960s, I was operating regularly from my
home
QTH during summer vacation.  My neighbor who was a former Navy radioman wanted
try out some operating.  I had a J-38 straight key for sending and at that time
I was
head copy (mostly) at up to 20 wpm.

So, we found a station sending about 10 to 15 and my neighbor couldn't copy.
He asked for a typewriter.
I went into the closet and got the old manual typewriter and set it on the
desk.  He was
in fat city and copying everything sent.  He could NOT copy without that
typewriter.  I mean
not at all.

73, phil, K7PEH