Hi

I just like to share the great feeling of the first QSO with the K2.

To night it came live in a 40M SSB QSO with PA3FAO some 450 Km, from my new QTH, not great DX but a QSO it was. Setup was a longwire sloping from the flag pole about 10 M long, feed by a T1 tuner (wire coming through the small opening of a almost closed door. To cold a round here to sit in shorts outside and play with radio). The K2 was with the SSB option installed, since I have not yet had the opportunity to learn the code (Had to wait few more days to go live until I got the SSB option done :-( ).

Might still have some current consumption to verify, might get back to that here when investigated, but beside from that a great feeling. Most time spend on the assembly, but in due time the following link will be updated with the progress of #5111. www.the-jensen-dk.net

Br.

OZ1BZJ

Michael

PS. Do not worry I have week before last week got my self a paddle from HRO in San Diego. Visit the area few times a year for business. So I will give learning the code a go. With the price of the paddle a big go :-)