Fred wrote:   “It took awhile
for my "knower" to know what a kilometer was without translating to
miles, but it did, and now I just "know" what a kilometer is, same for
meters, centimeters and millimeters.  I "know" how hot my KPA500 is when
it says "60C".”

Exactly, Fred!!!  Great concept.  It’s not much different than learning a new
language…or morse code for that matter.  At first, everything is translated
back to your native language and then to thoughts.  Eventually your “knower”
translates the words (or morse sounds) directly to thoughts, bypassing the
translation to your native language.  Suddenly it is all much simpler, but if
we aren’t willing to put forth a little effort, it never gets easy.

As I said earlier, learn, learn, learn.  It is good for you.

Oh, I almost forgot.  I run my KX3 at about 4 lbf. ft. / sec. ;-)

Mark
ars: KE6BB

Fluent in imperial measure, metric measure, and Morse code.