This is not the place for this. Eric take note please
Sam Carson
K4soc

-----Original Message----- From: jsdroys...@nc.rr.com
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2014 9:13 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] RM-11708 proposal to FCC threatens CW and digital modes

Perhaps others like me are unaware of this proposed FCC rule that would allow digital communication modes 2.8 kHz in width to be used robotically in the CW and data sub-bands without regard to interference. ARRL supports this and evidently initiated it.

http://www.arrl.org/files/media/News/RM-11708%20Briefing%20Memo.pdf

However, information on websites savecw.com and saveRTTY.com indicates
it would cause grave interference with CW and narrow digital modes.

There is evidently a short window of opportunity to submit comments to the FCC about this, and there are instructions on the noted websites for how to do this
online within just a few minutes.

If you google for RM-11708 you can read some well-reasoned comments submitted by other hams to the FCC electronic docket.

I can't evaluate the claims being made about ARRL's motivation  but it seems
important not to allow such bad interference, so I submitted a comment.
Julie KT4JR

Message delivered to samcar...@attglobal.net