The worst part of the quote from the yachtsman that really ticks me off is
where he says: " Its a great service because all of the
other available Internet services cost money." Really? We end up with this QRM
so boaters don't have to pay for internet services?
In my comments to the FCC I stated that if there is an emergency and the faster
communications is needed then the FCC has the
ability to declare an emergency and allow otherwise unauthorized modes. Just
like they do when they set aside a certain frequency.
This is not an emergency nor is the guy checking his email a reason to change
rules to suite them!

The proponents say this will not cause problems. What I see is the interference
this will cause to these stations amongst themselves
in there narrow bandspace, they will then start moving out from each other
taking up more and more bandspace! Moving other modes out
as they do so. This is a disaster waiting to happen.

BTW, this affects ALL amateurs so this crosses in to the on topic line.  If
this comes to fruition there will be a mass exodus of
regular hams and this will affect not only Elecraft but all ham radio
manufacturers!

73,
Tim Herrick, KQ8M
k...@kq8m.com

AR-Cluster V6 kq8m.no-ip.org
User Ports: 23, 7373  with local skimmer, 7374 without local skimmer