Really depends on the gauge and length of wire you're using. Find your wire
data, for instance at http://www.powerstream.com/Wire_Size.htm. You'll be
shocked at how much voltage you can drop at 100 watts using a few feet of
what you thought was heavy gauge wire. Example: 12 gauge wire is 1.6
milli-ohm per foot. Two conductors -> 3.2 milli ohms per foot. Six feet of
wire = 19 milli ohms. 19 milli ohms x 20 amps = 0.4 volts. So yeah, it's
easy to lose more then 0.2 volts.

73, Carl WS7L