Hi all:

I have been successfully using RemoteRig along with a K3/0 and my remote
K-Line at the main station.  This is a superb line-up of gear, and I have
complete control over the K-Line as long as the internet is good at both
ends.

I have added the WiFi card to the control-end RemoteRig (RRC-1258 MkII with
latest firmware.)  At first, everything seemed to work normally.  I could
go into the RemoteRig using the Microbit Setup Manager (ver 1.20), go to
the "WiFi" tab, select the "Setup" tab, click on "Scan", and all WiFi
networks in my vicinity would pop up.  I could select one, fill in the
password, the RemoteRig would connect to it, and I could then access the
RemoteRig using a browser on the same LAN by going to the right ip address
--- in my case 192.168.1.169.

At some point, things changed.  The Microbit Setup program scan now show
only "x" where previously it had shown the name of a Wifi access point, on
my local LAN.  I assumed that something had gone wrong with the RemoteRig
WiFi adaptor, so I swapped in one from another unit --- same result.  Then
I tried typing in the name of my LAN, even though the scan showed only "x",
and the password.  I was immediately connected to my network.

If I then go to the RemoteRig using my browser, and ask for a WiFi scan
using the browser window, all broadcasting WiFi routers show up, complete
with names, signal strength and the kind of encryption they are using.

To add to my confusion, I moved the whole thing to a different home, in
another state, and it worked as before.  So, in NJ, my RemoteRig WiFi scan
shows me names of Wifi signals available using the Microbit Setup software.
 In MD, where is used to show the same, now I get only "x" next to each
WiFi signal being received.

This is surely something to do with my network and router setup in MD, but
I cannot figure out what it is.  My iPad and my iPhone both "discover" all
available networks. The RemoteRig WiFi adaptor does the same if accessed
through the browser, but comes up with only "x" when accessed through the
Microbit Setup Manager.

Not a big problem, but I am very curious as to why this should be the case.
 Any ideas?

73 de Brian W3BW

*Brian F. Wruble, C.F.A.