On Jul 4, 2014, at 4:01 PM, Nr4c <n...@widomaker.com> wrote:

> I once worked a friend who'd just moved and was using a "GutterTron" ant in
> the CQWW. Yeah, the gutter and downspout fed against a ground-rod.
>
> Another friend loaded up the liner in his chimney, called a GutterTron.

I worked all over the country on 10 and 15 meters recently using a large metal
window frame (5' x 8' picture window) as the antenna. I used alligator clips
directly from the KX3 to two spots on the frame, experimenting with spacing.
This is not described in the literature, but it worked. The ATU tuned up the
window frame to ~1.0:1 on 20-6 meters.

Wayne
N6KR