-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Indy
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2005 2:41 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; elecraft@mailman.qth.net;
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Elecraft] BUG NIGHT

New Year's Eve is traditionally is a time to review the year past, and
wax nostalgic.  For some years amateur radio ops have dusted off their
straight key and put it on the air.  But what about other, perhaps more
challenging antique keys of historic and nostalgic value?

Semi-automatic keys, bugs, have also been coming out of hiding on this
night.  Each year more and more have participated in SKN (Silent Key
Night) with these keys.  Last year such rare pieces were heard as: a Dow
Universal Rotary bug, a 1936 McElroy bug, a Vibroplex Upright, a Speed-X
501, a Vibroplex Midget, a Vibroplex Double Lever, a blue Blue Racer
from 1917, a right-angle bug known as a Codetrol, a Melehan Variant.

There are no "rules," no limitations, no points, no exchanges.  Just
have fun sharing stories about the history of and how you came by your
nostalgic key.  No need to worry about your fist, we are all just doing
what we can honoring something from our past.

Hope to hear you, and best wishes for your new year!

Fred - KT5X