On 7/10/14 9:24 PM, Al Lorona wrote:
This FD I had reason to use it. However, I couldn't ignite it. It would sputter and refuse to burn. We were at 7400' (2260 m). When we got back home it worked perfectly. So I guess that these butane torches aren't any good at high elevation?

Not sure what make you have, but I have a cheap little Radio Shack model that I take from virtually sea level (600ft) to Breckenridge, CO (9600ft) every winter and use quite a bit while I'm there. I've never had any trouble with it, other than running out of butane. I bought a new tip for mine not long ago and it seems to have more trouble lightning than the original one. Other than that, though, it's been a workhorse for me at all elevations.

--
Tim

KG1GEM
Flower Mound, TX (Denton County)