Hi Cary,

Be careful. Until you get this figured out you can damage your antenna by
pumping high power into it during tuning. I suggest that you switch to a
dummy load while you are experimenting.

You said you have the phono cable running from the relay to the PTT In
connector on the K3. *This is NOT correct.* You want to run the cable from
the KEY OUT connector on the K3 to the N8LP relay.

Next you will have to use the key interruptor on the 15 pin cable as others
have advised.

Finally the KPA500 will not go into Standby. It will stay in Operate but it
will just sit there. It won't operate because there is no permissive signal.

And one last thought. Make sure you have adjusted the pot on the N8LP relay
such that the red LED lights when the SteppIR is tuning.

73,
Mike K2MK

Hunsdon Cary III wrote