Dick, Jim, & Pete (W4WWQ):
    Thanks for your help.  N8LP Tuning Relay now working as advertised.
The “Interrupter” was key to getting it to work and once, with the help of Dick
& Pete, I figured the phono plug on the K3 belonged on the Key Out jack and not
the PTT jack,
it works perfectly.  As Dick explained, the KPA500 will not switch from Operate
to Standby but there is no power output and no LED’s are lighting
up while the SteppIR is tuning - this is one slick little box!
     Again, thanks for your help!
        73,
        Cary, K4TM
        Lynchburg VA