As the current sunspot cycle winds down and we begin to make greater usage
of the lower bands, keep in mind that the K4KIO (and probably most of the
other designs) makes an outstanding *receive* antennna for 30m through
160m. Yes, the signal magnitude will be reduced, however the SNR will be
greatly improved over most transmitting antennas on those same bands.

I've used the Hex Beam on 30m and 40m for several years as a receiving
antenna on those bands, in conjunction with a Pixel loop on the
sub-receiver with the K3 in diversity mode. Very effective!

73, Dale
WA8SRA