I am trying to learn about Linux using the Zorin OS 9 version of Ubuntu.  My
goal is to replace Win7 on my old desktop I use in the shack but I need to
make sure that everything works.  I have Zorin working great on my Acer
netbook which is my test bed for Linux.   I have managed to get an older
version of ACLog working with Wine so objective 1 is satisfied.  I have the
W2 software working under Wine and I have the W2 and K3 utility versions
downloaded and installed.  But now I'm hitting a wall getting the FTDI USB
cable to work for the W2 and the serial to USB Prolific adapter to work for
the K3.  Can anyone help me with a (hopefully) simple step by step procedure
that will get these USB connections working?  Until I can get the K3 and W2
talking to Linux I don't want to make the big change on the old gateway.

73 Bill NZ0T