Using Wine is not really Linux. Wine is the Windows emulator for Linux and like
all emulators (mostly) it has issues with hardware.
Because its an abstraction layer between the OS and the target device.
Why don't you just use Linux natively?
There are programs that run on Linux, although not as many as there are for
windows.
After much trouble and frustration i decided to just run Windows 7 in Parallels
on my MacBook Pro.
I use HRD and a few other things and i have to run Windows, but i refuse to
have an actual PC at home.
Been a mac user for a decade.

If you must have Linux for some reason you're much better off running Windows
inside of it (VMWare or VirtualBox). Wine is a fairly poor performer for
hardware-based stuff.
It works ok for MS Office and such but not for this.
Slava (Sal) B, W2RMS
w2...@arrl.net