I recently installed a Mitsubishi mini-split system and now have an antenna concern. I am about to install a new dipole that will pass within ten feet of one of the interior units (that would be measured through the wall). I already know that the system has produced no interference to any reception - however, I am concerned about how being close to a transmitting antenna will effect or not effect the unit/system. The antenna's location will meet safe human exposure limits for the bands/power used - 160/75/40.

I am assured by the installer that RF is not a problem and not to be concerned - of course that is not in writing. Attempts to email and call Mitsubishi have not been informative. Hence my question:

Has anyone had difficulties with the control systems of their HVAC systems caused by RF from a nearby transmitting antenna? I run the KPA500 all the time - so consider this a 600 Watt station.

Thanks,

Bill W2BLC K-Line