Bill,

All products are required to withstand RF susceptibility levels. So if you encounter "strange happenings" with your HVAC system due to RF, the supplier is bound to take corrective action. Some may not understand, and some may not even know of the requirements, so at worst case, you may have to get the FCC involved for resolution. The most published FCC class B information regards radiation from the device(s), but there is also regulations regarding susceptibility from radiation from licensed services. The fact that you addressed the RF interference situation with the installer should go a long way (document that conversation for yourself with dates and names), and for a reputable company should be as good as a written statement (I am no lawyer, but it makes sense to me).

73,
Don W3FPR