I agree with you David, I think there are a lot of other things that would be much more useful to a much larger audience than receive-only SSTV.

I'm still working at what the "ideal" span on my P3 would be, in the NAQP SSB yesterday, I had it at 100 KHz and it seemed pretty good. For CW, I have been running at 50 KHz because the signals are so much closer together ... I'll give CW a try at 100 KHz and see how that works. My K3 is S/N 642, and I'm still playing around with how to use it and what to set things at. Yet another new dimension to ham radio.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2014 Cal QSO Party 4-5 Oct 2014
- www.cqp.org