On Sun,8/17/2014 7:18 PM, Fred Jensen wrote:
I'm still working at what the "ideal" span on my P3 would be, in the NAQP SSB yesterday, I had it at 100 KHz and it seemed pretty good.

I have five of the function keys programmed for different span settings. The other three are Peak Toggle, Fixed Mode Toggle, and Noise Blanker Toggle.

I use 2 kHz for looking at the quality of CW signals, 10 kHz for most CW pileups, 50 kHz, 100 kHz, and 200 kHz for contesting and general operating. I did have 20 kHz programmed, but gave that up for the NB toggle.

Before each contest, I'll run through all the bands and set up the span and centering. 50/60 kHz is pretty good for Sprints and state QSO parties, 100 kHz is good for most CW contests, 200 kHz is not wide enough for some SSB contests.

For 6M, I set a 200 kHz span from 50.080 to 50.280. This lets me see CW, SSB, and JT65.

73, Jim K9YC