From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Gary
W. Hvizdak
Sent: Monday, September 01, 2014 3:05 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Cc: Adrian Ryan; Fred; Edouard Lafargue; matt421...@gmail.com
Subject: [Elecraft] [KX3] A Comparative Performance Assessment (of
Aftermarket KX3 Heatsinks)

    An independent head-to-head thermal performance evaluation of several
aftermarket KX3 heatsinks was recently concluded by Adrian Ryan (5B4AIY),
who holds degrees in Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering.  The
clear winner of his testing is the Cooler KX PlusT, which is produced by
VE7FMN of Simply Better Manufacturing!  This means claims that the PAE-Kx31
is "best-performing" are not substantiated by fact!  (Actually, such claims
are hereby dispelled by fact!)

    Adrian's test report can be found at ...
http://www.ve7fmn.ca/this-is-cool/pdfs/performance_page/head-to-head.pdf

--- - - - ---

    In other news ...

1) The Cooler KXT installation guide has (finally) been published.

2) Tech-Note #3 (PEM nut thread repair) was completely rewritten.

3) I recently added some of the nicest customer-submitted photos to Fred's
homepage.  Thanks to Matt (N2IDW) and Ed (W6ELA).

4) Before too long I hope to implement "instant checkout" for most if not
all Cooler KXT customers.  What makes this task particularly challenging, is
that unlike the USPS (which offers flat-rate international mail) the cost of
shipping via Canada Post varies by country.

73,
Gary  KI4GGX
webmaster http://www.ve7fmn.ca/
Posted on behalf of VE7FMN