From: Gary W. Hvizdak [mailto:gary.hviz...@cfl.rr.com]
Sent: Monday, September 01, 2014 3:54 PM
To: 'Randy Moore'
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] [KX3] A Comparative Performance Assessment (of
Aftermarket KX3 Heatsinks)

P.S.  I deleted several comments from my Reflector post before sending it
(for the sake of brevity), including ...

1)  Mentioning that the KB8UHN heatsink might have performed slightly better
(versus the factory heatsink) had the tests been run at higher power.
(Essentially higher power would have magnified the difference between each
candidate.)  Adrian probably chose those power levels so he wouldn't
over-stress his radio.

2)  Pointing out that the PAs got hotter running 0.5 Watts on 6 meters, than
they did running 5.0 Watts on 20 meters!

3)  Mentioning that a lower ambient temperature might have magnified the
difference between the heatsinks.  Reference
http://www.ve7fmn.ca/this-is-cool/pdfs/performance_page/theoretical_performa
nce_c.pdf