No experience with the MFJ but I do have an AlexLoop and it's pretty versatile, sets up fast, is fairly immune to things around ... and ground or the lack of it. It's definitely QRP, I'm not sure I'd want to fool around with a mag loop at 100W. Narrow band [really] on 40 and 30 but tunes easily, I use mine mainly activating SOTA summits.

One thing you need to know if you don't already, most are resonant transformers and *MUST* be exactly at resonance. Getting it close, like 3:1, and letting the ATU do it's thing is a recipe for a dummy load. Bypass the ATU.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2014 Cal QSO Party 4-5 Oct 2014
- www.cqp.org