Yes. I've owned and used one. They can be amazingly effective. I still have an AEA ISOLOOP - a forerunner. The 1786 is surprisingly well made. The tuner with the built-in SWR/Power meter is very handy. They are *VERY* narrow banded - especially on 40. QSY a few KHz and you will need to retune. After a while your ear gets good at picking out the rise in the noise level as you approach resonance. When I was restricted as you are, I had many, many solid, enjoyable QSO's with a 100 watts. Just be careful that there is nothing metal near by - and most of all be sure no one touches it while you transmit. The rf burn one can get from contact are deep and extremely painful.

73, Doug -- K0DXV