I run off batteries 100% of the time, typically around 12.6 volts. I hear
clicks.
--Mark

On 9/15/2014 03:08, Joel Black wrote:
I played around in the SKCC WES for a couple of hours this weekend. I noticed something odd (to me at least) about the key clicks:

If I turn my power supply *off* and just run off the internal batteries, the key clicks dissipate. They don't altogether disappear, but they do diminish. It's "less bassy" if that makes sense.

The PS I'm using is an MFJ-4125 switcher. I don't have my Astron RS-35A hooked up at the moment. If I get a chance to play around with it this afternoon, I'll see if it sounds any different with the Astron.

73,
Joel - W4JBB

--
Mark Newbold K7NEW