Why not expect the developer of NaP3 to fix his software to work with
the way the KX3 operates and mute the input when the IF poll indicates
the rig is in transmit rather than expect Elecraft to modify their
transceiver to work around a problem in one piece of software?  Oh, I
forgot - the developer of NaP3 has folded his tent and abandoned the
product.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV

On 2014-09-24 12:40 PM, James Bennett wrote:
Peter,

I've been using my KX3 and NaP3 for several months, although not with
Win4k3 - love how I'm able to control the rig from this application
in addition to doing a "point & click" to jump to signals I see on
the band. However, on my computer, NaP3 gets all bollixed up after I
press my CW key, apparently because the KX3 sends it's high-level
audio out the RX I/Q port even during transmit, and this high level
messes up the NaP3 engine, causing duplicated signals to appear. I
remedy it (until the next transmission sequence) by clicking on
"Fixed", then "Run" in the WBIR box on the DSP tab of the NaP3
Configure/Setup panel.

Wayne has noted several times that the KX3 firmware will be changed
to allow the option of NOT sending a signal out the RX I/Q port but
to my knowledge, this has not yet been implemented. I hope it happens

Jim / W6JHB

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net Please help support this
email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html Message delivered to
li...@subich.com