Off the top of my head:

It sounds like the signal isn't getting through the 250 Hz filter when you have
it selected.

Double check that it is installed correctly.

Double check  you activated the correct slot in the CONFIG menu.

The XFIL button will allow you to switch filters without changing the DSP
bandwidth.

Good luck Bill AE6JV