After you've done what Bill suggested, try setting the loss (dB) for
this filter, using the K3 Utility program.  I believe the equivalent
filter loss is 3-4 dB.  This would be normal.  The K3 can compensate
for it, as long as you set the value (otherwise assumed to be 0 dB).

Be sure the filter width and offset is set correctly.  Easiest way is
to use the K3 Utility program.

73,
matt
W6NIA

On Fri, 26 Sep 2014 22:40:12 -0700, you wrote:

>Off the top of my head:
>
>It sounds like the signal isn't getting through the 250 Hz filter when you
>have it selected.
>
>Double check that it is installed correctly.
>
>Double check  you activated the correct slot in the CONFIG menu.
>
>The XFIL button will allow you to switch filters without changing the DSP
>bandwidth.
>
>Good luck Bill AE6JV
>
>On 9/27/14 at 9:29 PM, r...@m5ric.co.uk (Rich) wrote:
>
>> I have the 2.7, 1.8 and 250hz filters installed in FL1, FL2 and FL3 in my
>> K3.
>>
>> Using the width I can change these filters and see the filter change as I
>> get narrower. When I get to FL3 which has the 250hz filter, the noise level
>> disappears totally and there is nothing on the S-meter.
>>
>> When on 0.30 BW there is about S3 of noise.
>>
>> This happens in any mode, CW or DATA.
>>
>> I have looked at the filter set-up using the K3 program on my pc and can't
>> see anything.
>>
>> Could it be a duff filter or is there anything else I can check?

>Message delivered to mzil...@roadrunner.com
Matt Zilmer, W6NIA
--
"Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will
spend the first four sharpening the axe." -A. Lincoln