Before selling my KPA100 and KAT100, I used my K2 in RTTY contests. I stuck an old computer brushless DC muffin fan down over the warmest part with a little square of velcro, blowing down. I could run 100W [generally didn't but could] and the heat sink stayed almost cool. I don't think you have to move very much air over it to keep it cool.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2014 Cal QSO Party 4-5 Oct 2014
- www.cqp.org