You could try 2 x 12V fans in series to give a bigger cooling area but smaller current; I did this once on a noise-critical application.

In terms of S units at the other end, turning down the power, say 25% makes sense.

David
G3UNA

I run a 4" (120mm) computer case fan that the specs say draws all of .15 amps, 1.8 watts @ 12V, at full speed. It probably doesn't need to turn that fast to adequately cool the heat sink so the current draw could be much less. .15A or less current draw for a fan is insignificant, IMO, compared to the 20A the rig draws on transmit. If you want to save some battery turn the power down or decrease the duty cycle.