Gareth,

During transmit you should have about 1.4 volts DC on pin 1 or the balanced modulator U5. I just measured the U5 pin 1 audio using a 'scope with a 10X probe and found the peak to peak voltage ranged from 200 to 400 millivolts. If you have a good microphone, you should see a similar amplitude signal. The RF output at U5 pin 4 should have a similar amplitude. The BFO injection at U5 pin 6 should be greater than 200 millivolts peak to peak and on the one I just measured there was a 1 volt BFO signal there.

73,
Don W3FPR