On Mon,10/6/2014 1:56 PM, Don Wilhelm wrote:
You should find between 200 and 400 mV peak to peak (dependent on the particular speech patterns) from an electret microphone such as the Elecraft MH2. That is 70 to 140 mV RMS.
That is sufficient to drive the SSB output to pull power.

I once owned a pair of K2/100s and used them for contesting. I found the audio chain rather gain-starved and with excessive low-frequency bandwidth, so I changed a few resistor and capacitor values to increase the gain and reduce the LF. I think I managed about 6 dB. I believe that I passed those mods along to you, Don. The changes allowed me to hit the Limiter a bit harder, increasing its compression ratio.

73, Jim K9YC