In my previous life as the project manger of an RF Equipment Design Department, that built racks of equipment for the Military and for NASA, I would not allow BNCs to be used on interconnecting signal cables, only TNCs or Type Ns. Chassis mounted BNCs and their attending cables were only used for check out and testing purposes, and as for interfacing to external Test Equipment.

TNC connectors/connections (really similar to small sized Ns) provided the initial, as well as long term reliability, required for intense Military and NASA operations, that might be involving the safety of lives.

However now retired, and as a Ham, I regularly violate my own rules, HI

W7CS