Alan,
Lots of anwers have been given.

One more: Usually those electrets have 3,5 mm connectors. Use the back panel as an entrance for the mic. No need for a front panel microphone plug. Actually, I never used one with my K3. I have had several mics connected to it, all with a 3,5mm connector. The K3 will accomodate electrets and dynamic mics. The Elecraft K3 is a very flexible machine, and most things are very well thought of. This is one of them.

73
Arie PA3A