Sound like TFT screen h/w related.... I got a laptop that does something similar with an external monitor IF the screen cable gets kinked or is not connected properly. Check all the cables and connectors and vertical lines or a somewhat 'green' image cleans up. I'd take a look at the P3 connections and cables.

72

Dom
M1KTA