HI

I have a FT1000Mp Mk5 Field here that I have compared with the K2 many
times,
The Field is a great radio, with very nice audio for SSB work, my main
problem with it is the CW rx noise , it sounds like someone blowing over a
bottle top on the narrow filters, if I use the DSP it sounds better but
hollow. The K2 just sounds better for CW (IMHO) I can listen to the audio
from the K2 (or K1) for hours in the shack while im doing other tasks but
the audio from the Field is tiring after a short while, im sure the Field is
a very good radio for many folk but im just not using it , for that reason
its now up for sale and I have now bought another K2 , a K2/100 now that
sits next to the base QRP K2.
I have a switch box connected to the K2 and the Field, tuned both into the
same cw station and switched between the two, my wife who is not a radio ham
and can not read any Morse has been sat in front of the two doing a blind
test and she always chooses the K2 as the one that sounds "Nicer" .
Good luck with your choice.
73
Happy New Year
Paul