On 11/28/2014 6:26 PM, Tom Blahovici wrote:
Hi Antenna is correct,  VOX on, checked cw weight. However, perhaps
it's my Antenna. When I tune with 10w through my kpa500 all is well.
Output is at around 300w. Voice is fine at 500w. However when I try
to send some cw through the terminal program, the KAT500 goes crazy,
has a fault, the kpa500 shows all red in swr and then  stops
transmitting. At that point even if I turn off the amp and clear the
kat500 there is no power out.  It sounds different than when I
transmit on 160. There no clicking no issues. Even at 500 w same
antenna.

Put KAT500 into tune, HOLD Tune on the K3, and let it tune at your tune power [>20W]. Then put KAT500 into MAN mode and see what happens. I run MAN all the time, KAT500 doesn't try to tune.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 50th Running of the Cal QSO Party 3-4 Oct 2015
- www.cqp.org