Thank-you Jim, you are correct.
Wes, no I am not talking about you.

As I wrote off-list earlier to another person:

My complaint, specifically stated earlier, was about the the operators who are
all within 200 miles of each other (and me and those I am talking to).
Actually, we're nearly all within 100 miles. I have no problem with people
"blasting" to make a DX, or get through in a contest - that's the nature of the
beast. I'm just talking about basic politeness for a casual ragchew. If people
did that, there'd be leas bandwidth crowding, and a smaller possibility of
encroaching government regulations on us in the future. I certainly don't want
to be forced to go 'narrow-band' like happened to commercial.

Jeff - kg7hdz