Same here, Larry re building and experimenting. Oddly, as computer focused as I am -- three in the shack and two in the house, with OS X (release and beta), Win 7, Win 8.1 and Linux -- I seldom use one in ham radio, expect when operating PSK31. Maybe one of these days I'll make it into the 21st century, ham-wise :-)

Phil W7OX